PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentrated blood plasma which consists of 3 to 5 times the quantity of platelets that are found in the standard blood growth factors circulating throughout the body. Although, the number of times stated above is approximate, it is determined that the average number of times stands between 3 to 5.
It is also found that the number of platelets that are present in the body also flows through the VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor), TGF (Transforming Growth Factor), and the rest bioactive proteins that assist in rejuvenating the texture of the skin.
PRP is a rejuvenation treatment that is applied on the face using their plasma to regulate collagen production and migrations of cells, enabling the elimination of the lines, folds, and harmful wrinkles. Results from the PRP therapy look entirely natural and subtle which last for a long. Usually, it is determined to last about 2-2 ½ years, depending on the kind of treatment that is done. PRP is invasive and is stated to have no risks associated with it. Allergic reactions that are common in such type of treatments are also not witnessed in such therapies.
PRP can be utilized to treat nearly all the areas of the body without any risks and side-effects that makes it ideal for the patients who don’t show many interests in performing such treatments.
How does it rejuvenate?
The cells present in the body assists in the healing process and producing new cells that are called as Platelets. PRP is interjected into the targeted areas, and then it forms a surrounding that assists in the growth of useful collagen, regenerates all the tissues, and helps in making your skin smooth and firm. It softens all the wrinkles and produces skin texture and better tone that is much smoother, better, and looks younger.
How does it differ from the usual fillers or other injections?
There are many ways that these PRPs differ from the usual fillers and other injections that are used to enhance skin tone. Some of them are listed below:
- Lines and folds of skin are commonly seen on your tired skin, especially near mouth or lips. These are permeated by the solid materials of the fillers, namely the Restylane and the Juvederm. These kinds of fillers can last up to 18 months and then can be reconducted on your skin as permitted by the doctor. However, in the case of other injections, you will have to keep injecting it in your body to make sure that they last for a more extended period. Also, the cost involved in such injections is much higher than the PRP ones.
- PRP allows the growth of the collagen by the body and regulates it to engineer the complete facial rejuvenation rather than focusing on only one wrinkle at the same time. It is also utilized to stabilize the growth of lines on faces, which makes your face look tired and ugly. The PRP assists in filling up the hollowed spaces in the cheeks, improvising the tone of your skin, and making the skin smoother and tighter. It also helps in filling up the areas in the skin in which the hyaluronic acid fails to work because of various obvious reasons.
- PRP treatment for the skin can be conducted in tandem with the fillers of Hyaluronic such as Restylane and Juvederm come into the picture. These are two different kinds of treatments that will be helping in completing each other to assist the patient in gaining a younger look in the face. What fillers fail to do is done by this type of treatment. For example, the fillers assist in removing the lines and wrinkles, while PRP focuses on improvising and volumizing the looks of the face and improves the tone of the skin. PRP also enhance the skin’s texture to a certain extent and makes it much smoother.
Precautions while performing PRP Treatment
When the engineers of PRP are performing the total rejuvenation of the face, there are a few checks that you must take during the treatment and also when the surgery is completed:
- The faces of the patients are iced once the procedures of the therapy are finished to prevent their faces from showing up any bruises or burns. These are mostly done in the areas where the injections are being injected
- While any irritation is felt on the skin temporarily, icing will assist in reducing its effects and chances.
- Those patients who are having sensitive skins must consult a doctor to figure out if there are any side-effects that they may expect once the treatment is completed. If yes, then those patients have to take certain medications to reduce the chances of the side-effects.
- Sensitive or not, the treatment of PRP will involve micro-needling methods that may inflict swelling and cause severe infections. Therefore, it is very much necessary for the patients to take an ample number of breaks in between the treatments so that the skin gets sufficient time to heal itself.
- As a patient, you must not consume any other medications or drugs without consulting a doctor. You can wait up to 2 weeks after the treatment and take any medicines that are prescribed by the doctors.
- Once the procedure is completed, it is advised by the professionals not to do any hard work that involves tremendous efforts of manual labour either in your homes or offices. It is recommended to some take off for a certain period of time from your hectic work schedule and take rest.
Once you are thinking to do the PRP treatment, the above-listed are some precautions that you must take into consideration, no matter what happens. However, the result that you can expect out of the treatment will blow your mind off. The first effect of performing such procedure will appear within a week, and gradually, you will notice the change in your skin tone and texture within a short duration of time. You can also get in touch with the specialists in Platelet Rich Plasma Cottonwood Heights to know more about the treatment and its procedure.