The majority of you would be knowing about Kybella as a modern fat reduction treatment developed to specifically target stubborn fat cells beneath the chin. It will specifically target the submental fat beneath the skin and will permanently remove the appearance of the double chin with single sitting. Kybella consists of deoxycholic acid which is also developed in the body and absorbs fat cells. This deoxycholic acid eliminates the fat cells wherever it is precisely injected into the body. These Kybella injections are given majorly to eliminate the double chin or fat hangings but must be performed an expert in Kybella at Salt Lake City, UT like Form Spa.
How is the Kybella procedure done?
Before starting the Kybella procedure your therapist will examine and ensure that you are the right candidate for the procedure. You must assure that you mention all your medical history with any cosmetic procedures that you have done on the face, neck or chin. You may not be the ideal candidate if you have any such history along with bleeding or swallowing problems. Mention your therapist whether you are currently nursing or pregnant, or planning to conceive shortly.
- Kybella is a non-invasive procedure that requires very little preparation, but you will need a fixed appointment.
- The face is cleaned properly before the procedure to avoid any infection risks due to any chemical cosmetics.
- Avoid usage of ibuprofen and acetaminophen which can lead to post-treatment bruising.
- They may provide a topical numbing medicine or an ice pack to reduce any irritation and keep the patient comfortable during the procedure.
- Kybella is injected directly under the skin by an expert healthcare provider.
- Kybella injection will be given for up to 6 treatment sessions for it to be successful. Every session may consist of 50 injections with a gap of at least 1 month per session. Many cases have shown to be effective from 2-4 months.
- The expert doctor will determine what is the exact number of sessions required depending on your results.
There could be mild pain during the procedure (burning or irritating sensation) but with the apt usage of ice and numbing products, patients will be kept under comfort. The treated spots may be sore for a few days post-treatment, which is normal and will not cause any interruption with any normal activities. There would be regular follow up treatments with the examination of treated areas.
Recovery time for Kybella injections:
As it is normal to experience swelling and some amount of bruising post a Kybella treatment. It would be more visible in the first couple of days after the treatment and gradually come down after a week. This swelling becomes very negligible and not to be visible to others, one needs to be sure if there any abnormal changes in the skin, then visit your practitioner immediately. Such instances are very low and for most persons, they vanish within a few days. After around 4 weeks, there would be visible firmness under the skin near the treated area which implies that the Kybella is working to dissolve fat. As this process of fat dissolution is initiated, the body will start to naturally absorb fat cells.
Uses of Kybella in other areas:
- Kybella is majorly used in the double chin region, an area that formerly could only be treated by liposuction or further surgical measures. When Kybella is injected into the submental fat area, the naturally present compound will dissolve fat cells without disrupting the nearby fat cells. These dissolved fat cells are gradually detached by the body’s metabolic processes. It provides permanent results as the destroyed fat cells do not grow again.
- Because of this fat reduction property, even though it is FDA approved for a reduction under the chin, many plastic surgeons have successfully tried this on other areas that have stubborn body fat. There are no approved uses of Kybella in other areas, there are many treatment cases that are finding attention from therapists and people across the globe. As the concept is such that it will destroy the fat cells completely and there is no reoccurrence of these fat cells, people are wanting to try this in other areas as well. Added to it, it is a non-surgical process and a safe way to eliminate fat from the body.
- Due to this fat-dissolving property of Kybella, many skillful therapists are injecting them in other areas like bra bulges, love handles, beneath the buttocks, armpits and lower abdominals. It has successfully eliminated fat around such areas.
- But for such usage, it is important to get the right candidate with proper body weight. It is best for individuals who are around exact weight for their body type but are having issues in eliminating fat in specific areas, despite exercise and the right diet. Kybella is found to be successful in treating certain small amounts of fat that are considered not so big enough to be treated with liposuction or surgery.
Few things to be known before the usage:
People must know certain key things if they are planning to use Kybella for the treatment of fat in other areas of the body. It may be very expensive since it will require multiple treatment settings. Many expert practitioners have successfully found that Kybella can remove a small amount of excess fat from specific areas of the body. It is important to know all the complications and make the patient aware of the treatment, possible effects, and timelines. But there are no studies to offer data for these other area treatments nor will there be any treatment rules other than those developed by individual experts
Regardless of your usage of Kybella injections, it is very crucial to reach out to an expert and reliable healthcare professional who knows the in and out of the treatment. Your best choice for all the latest medical and aesthetic treatments will surely be Form spa who are experts at Salt Lake City, UT.