PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) has been employed for many years for soft tissue and wound curing by wound care physicians and orthopedic surgeons. But in recent years, there has been a large amount of study and medical indications showing the PRP’s reformative features for treating fine wrinkles, hair loss, skin rejuvenation, reducing scars and minimizing pores. It is a process of generating platelets in concentrated blood plasma with reformative growth aspects that are employed to stimulate collagen production, skin curing and other crucial factors that help in healing the skin.
How is the PRP treatment procedure done?
PRP treatment is a simple and secure procedure:
• As in any normal blood test, blood is drawn and then twirled for 8-10 minutes in an extractor machine.
•During the extraction process, the cells are detached from the upper layer of blood and fibrin is extracted together with the rich platelets and re-injected into the intended location
• Depending on the number of areas intended to be treated, the amount of blood taken from the body will vary.
•This complete procedure may last up to 20 minutes.
How is PRP treatment different from fillers?
Fillers are used as a replacement for reducing wrinkles, fill volume loss and developing new collagen. Fillers are strong and advised for people who need immediate results. Currently, a combination of PRP and fillers are used to provide effective treatment. PRP has edge over fillers in developing positive effects in healing and regeneration since it uses a bioactive material that has a big impact on metabolism.
• Skin folds or wrinkles are common as the skin grows old. While fillers focus on just eliminating these signs, PRP will develop a glow on the skin as it will rejuvenate the skin. Also, fillers will start losing their effects early when compared to PRP.
• PRP promotes collagen production and stimulates it to develop complete facial rejuvenation instead of focusing on just specific wrinkles. It will generate a new spark on the face by filling the volume lost cheeks, improving skin tones, tailoring the skin smooth and tight.
• PRP treatment for the skin when combined with fillers like Restylane and Juvederm gives good and real-time results and helps you in achieving a young-looking face. As fillers concentrate more on removing wrinkle lines and PRP focuses on enhancing the skin, increasing volume, improving the skin texture by making it smooth.
This treatment brings a cascade effect that gradually shows up in time and strengthens, which is the reason why the effects are not seen immediately but slowly as they progress. The treatment will have a natural and intense effect on the skin.
Advantages of an effective PRP treatment:
Non-Invasive process: PRP is a process of extracting platelet-filled plasma from the person’s blood and effortlessly injecting it into the target area with a minute needle. It is not a surgical process and very simple.
Rapid: As this process is non-surgical, PRP treatments are very quick and last for only around 30 mins. Curing and regrowth factors are activated that refactor the skin and enhance the appearance and texture. Once the body starts to develop natural collagen in the treated area, results can be seen after a few weeks from the treatment and the effects endure to upsurge over time.
Longer effects: This procedure is very quick, but the effects are long-lasting. If you follow the steps suggested by the reliable specialist, then effects do last for around 18 months or more.
Natural: Each body can repair its tissues and naturally rejuvenate your skin. This PRP treatment was discovered focusing on using regrowth factors of persons’ blood and body. Hence there are no chances of any adverse reaction at the treatment site as in the case of artificial fillers.
How many PRP treatments are needed for the results to be visible?
Normally, the results can be seen in one month after the treatment and continue to progress after the procedure. As this is a treatment that is framed with the natural repairing process with a person’s body, it takes some time to incite the rejuvenation process which gradually speeds up. Excluding some rare scenarios where there are serious issues, effects are seen in 30 days. Unless the changes required are very significant only one treatment will show effective results. 1-2 treatments will be carried after the first one if there are signs that you have not achieved maximum results. There should be a gap of 3 months for attaining one more treatment. Of the treatment is effective and genuine then results will last for around 18 months based on your skincare, lifestyle, and nature of the skin. They would suggest 1 maintenance treatment session in between 18-36 months so that there is no difference in results.
Recovery: The recovery phase for the PRP treatment is very minimal and you can get back to your routine with some amount of care.
- You have to refrain from applying any skin products on and around the treated area as there would be some irritation and redness for some time.
- Use a recommended moisturizer and clean the area once in a day. After a few days, you can apply a minimal foundation to minimize redness if it persists. You have to be sure to use only suggested products so avoid any side-effects in the treated area.
- Don’t apply any alcohol-based products for a few days.
- Cover your treated area from sun rays.
- Do not indulge in strenuous activities like playing, running or heavy workouts that induce heavy sweat and heat, until the recovery phase is complete. Sweating will originate more irritation and also cause bruising/swelling in the treated area.
With all these advantages and other important factors to be considered, it is important to consult a genuine medical practitioner like FORM Medical Spa that provides the clients with the best and most up to date PRP treatment in Salt Lake City, UT and aesthetic procedures performed by the most expert and caring professionals.